The proper disposal of medicine depends on the drugs. Controlled substances are best given to a drug take-back program or DEA-registered collection site. Click here to find a site.

The Wyoming Department of Health has a medication donation program. They accept unopened medicines that haven’t expired and are in sealed packaging. They do not accept controlled substances.

April 27 is the next National Prescription Drug Take Back Day. This link will help you locate the closest collection site. If you are unable to find a site near you, the Food and Drug Administration provides information on how to dispose of medicines safely. Click here to read about the safest ways to dispose of various drugs.